Monday, June 22, 2009

Bangkok #5

I just landed in Bangkok last night. I'm up super early checking stocks. I've been reading about the Iran riots and the killing of Neda Soltan. I watched the video and it made me cry. To watch a person die right before my eyes, and know the reasons behind it. I've seen dead bodies before in Russia, but this had a completely different effect. The Iranian government stated that it is forbidden to mourn this woman or suffer grave consequences! What kind of government is that?! I hope people in our nation (America) stop with the oil conspiracy crap and Bush's agenda, and start recognizing people like Nancy Pelosi as kwacks and realize that though America makes mistakes, in our past dealings with countries, we have the ability to help others better their situation, and if we've meddled in the past to try and fix our wrongs. Sure, we meddled in Iran's past especially after WW2, but it isn't just about the US and what we want, it's about helping the humanitarian situation abroad. Germany and Italy never attacked us, but we fought because we knew what was right. Just imagine if Germany or Japan had won WW2?! Now Iran's government openly denies the holocaust... well, they have for years, and now look what they do to their protesters. The articles I've read on the oppression of those protesting is horrid. Could you imagine if people had been shot for protesting Bush's win over Gore or Kerry? It's pretty obvious to me that the vote was rigged in Iran, but even if it wasn't, I think those who were on the tipping point in their vote are realizing they shouldn't have kept the regime in by the way things are being handled now. And if the vote wasn't "rigged" undoubtedly there were many people in fear of voting against the regime, as you must put your name on the ballot for it to be valid. It's not anonymous voting, so voting for the "wrong" party could come back to bite you. Even if it's something as simple as wanting a decent job in the future, let alone loss of rights and death. I think the US has every right to step in. I think the whole world community is thinking it, but everyone looks at us because we are the ones with the most power. That's what they thought with Afghanistan and Iraq.

1 comment:

Lauralee Altice said...

It's true people need to get their act together!